We're currently closed.

Town Clerk’s Office


3823 North Main Street
PO Box 260
Marion, NY 14505

Heidi M. Levan
Town Clerk/Tax Collector

Office: 315-926-4271, Fax: 315-926-3502

Elected term of office:  1/1/22 – 12/31/25

 1st Deputy Town Clerk

Kimberly Williams

2nd Deputy Town Clerk

Nadine Seppeler

Office Hours:
Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm  

2023 Closed Dates

The Town Clerk’s Office will be closed the following dates:

Monday, January 2, 2023 – New Years Day Observed

Monday, January 16, 2023 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Monday, February 20, 2023 – President’s Day

Friday, April 7, 2023 –  Good Friday

Monday, May 29, 2023 – Memorial Day

Monday, June 19, 2023 – Juneteenth

Monday, July 3, 2023 – Independence Day

Tuesday,  July 4, 2023 – Independence Day

Monday, September 4, 2023 – Labor Day

Monday, October 9, 2023 – Columbus Day

Friday, November 10, 2023 – Veteran’s Day

Thursday, November 23, 2023 – Thanksgiving

Friday, November 24, 2023 – Thanksgiving

Friday, December 22, 2023 – Christmas

Monday, December 25, 2023 – Christmas

Friday, December 29, 2023 – New Year’s Eve



Now Available at The Town Clerk’s Office
Save Time & Money!

Welcome to the Office of the Town Clerk….Your Doorway to Local Government

Services provided by the Town Clerk’s Office:

Licensing is a primary function of this office. The following types of licenses are issued:

Dog Licenses – Dogs must be licensed by four months of age. Proof of spay/ neuter is required along with current rabies vaccination. Fees are as follows: $9.00 spayed/neutered; $16.00 unspayed / unneutered. Licenses are renewable yearly.

If you are renewing, already registered dogs, and would like to pay online….  

Click Here

Credit Card fees apply

Hunting & Fishing Licenses – Proof of New York State residency required. Proof of Hunter’s Safety Course required. Fee varies.

Marriage Licenses – Proof of Age required by submitting raised seal birth certificate; Proof of Identify is required by submitting a driver’s license, passport, employment picture Id or immigration record with picture. There is a 24 hour wait period from the exact time the license is obtained and the exact time of the ceremony and it is valid for 60 days.. Information regarding previous marriages must be furnished. Fee is $40.00. Important – Please call for an appointment to apply for a Marriage License, All appointments must be made within an hour of office closing, Thank you!

Games of Chance Licenses – The applicant must register and have an Identification number from NYS Racing & Wagering Board.

The Town Clerk’s office is responsible for collection of:

Water and Sewer payments – Billed quarterly – January, April, July, October. All sewer bills not paid by November 1, will be relevied on the following year’s Town and County Tax bill.  Your Water bill (white card only) can be paid online at:  http://wcwsa.org/

Town and County Taxes – Collection in January, February, March. After March 31, all unpaid taxes are turned over to the Wayne County Treasurer in Lyons. Contact the Treasurer’s office at 315-946-7441 for additional penalties/interest.

If you would like to view or print  your Town and County taxes 

Click Here

Other services provided by the Town Clerk’s Office:

Notary Public services – Must have valid identification. No fee.

Certificate of Residency – for students attending college. Must provide proof of residency. No fee.

Handicap Parking Permits – Must provide proof of residency and have application completed by applicant and Physician. No fee.

Certified Copy RequestsPlease complete the attached form(s), sign, have your signature notarized and return it with a copy of acceptable identification and a check for $10.00 made payable to Town of Marion. Return the completed form to: Town of Marion, P.O. Box 260, Marion. N.Y. 14505 – Attn: Town Clerk

Freedom of Information Law Birth certificates, death certificates and the indexes related to birth and death certificates are NOT subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) and are NOT open to public inspection. Access to vital records maintained by local registrars is subject to Public Health Law 4173 and 4174 and the Health Commissioner’s Administrative Rules and Regulations Sections 35.1 through 35.8.

Birth Certificate– certified copies, certified transcripts may be issued:

  1. To a person with a New York State Court
  2. To the person named on the birth certificate, if 18 years of age or order
  3. To the parents of the person named on the birth certificate
  4. To the lawful representative of the person named on the birth certificate
  5. To the Commissioner of Health
  6. To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes

A Certification of birth may be issued:

  1. To the person named on the birth certificate, if under 18 years of age
  2. To a person over 18 years of age, if a certification is what they prefer
  3. To a person who can demonstrate the record is required for a judicial or Other proper purpose

Legal Guardians or Non-Legal Guardians and Relatives

If a birth certificate is requested by the legal guardian of the person to whom the birth certificate relates, the record may be issued only if the applicant produces Court certified legal guardian papers. If the request is made by a non-legal guardian or relative, the copy may not be issued directly to that person. It is possible with written notarized consent of the person or parent.

Death Certificate – A certified copy or a certified transcript of a death certificate may be issued:

  1. To a person with a New York State Court issued on a showing of necessity
  2. To a spouse, parent or child of the deceased
  3. To the lawful representative of the spouse, parent or child of the deceased
  4. To a person requiring the record for a documented legal right or claim
  5. To a person requiring the record for a documented medical need
  6. To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes*

*Important Note

There is no provision in the laws to release lists of death certificates for any governmental use.

Marriages – Certified Copies or Certified Transcripts may be issued:

  1. To the bride and groom
  2. To the lawful representative of either spouse
  3. To a municipal, state or federal agency when needed for official purposes


  1. Driver’s License
  2. Non-driver’s license
  3. Passport
  4. Naturalization Papers
  5. Military ID
  6. Employer’s ID
  7. Police Report of lost or stolen ID

Click Here to Access PDF Applications & Instructions