Website Links For Historical Research relating to Wayne County, NY
Cobblestone structures in Upstate New York
Old Houses and Churches in Wayne County NY
Wayne County NY Maps and Gazetteers – source for links to maps and gazettes of Wayne County NY
Found throughout the Wayne County GenWeb site are many excellent items, such as:
- Cemetery lists - about 108 - and growing, and many with known genealogical connections annotated by volunteers.
- Queries page where you can add your own research problem(s).
- Gazetteer information for all of the Wayne County towns for different years.
- Historical accounts of towns and people once only accessed by those who visited the county.
- Old newspaper articles that provide a "snapshot" of what life was like in earlier times.
- Links to other informative and pertinent websites of county interest.
- A list of Wayne County resources, both people and places, that you can contact for more information, legal documents, wills, maps, and etc.
- The unusual and unexpected - rare lists, original articles and books, and original projects and features created by Team Wayne
Moore’s Rural New Yorker – for farmers and their families 1856
Wayne County Historians website with listings for local historians and other useful links
A source of historic newspapers from all over New York State.
For Marion, search The Marion Enterprise
This link takes you to a compendium of Wayne County biographies from the book "Landmarks of Wayne County, New York" edited by Hon. George W. Cowles published in 1895